Sunday, November 14, 2010

Memories of horror... good ones!

The horror website Terror Trap recently invited me to contribute a piece about a memorable horror movie viewing experience. It will probably come as no surprise to anyone that I chose an Argento movie. But I got a pleasant surprise when the luck of the layout placed me next to Jessica Harper. And she nails who the terror of The Wizard of Oz, namely those damned creepy flying monkeys, with their silly hats, bellhop vests and nasty simian smiles.

Anyway, if you're up for a stroll down sleaze-memory lane, my recollection of seeing Deep Red in one of Times Square's many long gone theaters is here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
achyfakey said...

Thanks Maitland! I love Times Square memories of the 1970s. Keep 'em comin'!

Unknown said...

Maitland -

Terrific piece! Really evocative. I loved working with you on it. (And I enjoyed having an excuse to feature that original italian version of the PROFONDO ROSSO trailer!)

Cheers,

Jason
The Terror Trap