Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Ten Worst Horror Movies of 2000 - 2009

Oh, and I've just posted my list of the ten worst horror movies of the last decade; it's in two parts. Part One is here and Part Two is here.

This piece was originally posted on AMCtv's Horror Hacker site, which is why it's skewed towards US/English-language release.

I'll be posting my Ten Best of the Decade list soon.

And finally, as the holiday season finally begins to wind down, I'd like to put in a plug for one of my favorite documentaries of the decade: What Would Jesus Buy?; it documents the ongoing progress of performance artist/social activist Bill Talen's efforts to rip the scales from the eyes of compulsive consumers via his alter-ego Reverend Billy's Church of Stop Shopping. It's funny and so on-target that it hurts.

2 comments:

achyfakey said...

Only one bone of contention for your list: I liked "Jason X". Probably my favorite sequel since Part 4: A New Beginning.

OK, Jason in space is dumb, but the people making this had fun with it, and I did too. The liquid nitrogen (or whatever) death was especially pleasurable.

miss flickchick said...

We all have our little quirks...