Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom II... This is not a joke!

I'm sure there are Phantom lovers everywhere whose hearts are already leaping at the news that Webber is well into writing the sequel, Love Never Dies to his insanely popular Broadway show, as reported in this lengthy piece from the Times of London.

I confess, I never saw the show on stage, only as the 2004 movie Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera. But I don't think it would have made a difference, because my biggest complaint is that the only memerable scrap of music in the entire score is the six-note Phantom theme. And there's no blaming Joel Schumacher for that.

I do like the rumor that Torchwood's John Barrowman is in the running for the role of the Phantom, though. Let's hope his nude swim in Webber's swimming pool gives him an edge.

No comments: