Sunday, February 22, 2009

Eddie Murphy plus Jerry Lewis equals...

...maybe I'll go clean the cat box.

Oops... I didn't leave fast enough to miss Eddie Murphy saying, "from one Nutty Professor to another..." as Jerry Lewis made his way to the stage to accept the Gene Hersholt Humanitarian Award.

I do, however, feel for Lewis, who's lived through some really serious health problems in the last several years and looks it; he seems exhausted and barely able to get through his brief thank-you speech.

So you know what? I'm big enough to take back the snark. His annual charity telethon has raised a lot of money for a good cause (muscular dystrophy research and treatment) and he's been doing it for four decades.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. But I still secretly want to see The Day the Clown Cried

No comments: